Monday, September 19, 2011

Creating Electric Vehicles

People are creating electric vehicles with simple conversion kits to old vehicles.  Some of these electric vehicles have demonstrated the great torques that come from non gasoline powered sources.  You can check some of the performances of e-vehicles on Youtube. You can find videos of an electric car beating gas cars in the quarter mile.

I was checking out for myself the idea of converting my bicycle into an e-bike. So, I was looking at what some of the other bicycle riders were coming up with in terms of performance.  If you buy an e-bike at the store you mike come up with something that can go up to a respectable 20 mph.

If you live in California I believe there are laws against electric bikes going over 20 mph. The range for the store electric bikes are not impressive either about 20 miles.  But what I saw from the conversion bikes were ranges above the 20 miles and above the 20 mph speed limit up to 50 mph!

I probably wouldn't go over the 20 mph but I would like to have the extra juice if I take it off road.  Especially if the law does not regulate the off road aspect of the bike.  I think the maintenance of the e-bike requires that you check the alignment more. You might have to spend a little money at the bike shop to do it properly.

The electric bike conversion information.

Click Here!

The electric car is more ideal overall to hall stuff versus the e-bike and protection from the weather.  Costs of charging an electric car is cheap compared to the rising cost of gasoline. You also get to avoid the smog checks with the electric vehicle another positive.

If you are thinking of converting a gas vehicle into an electric.

Click Here!

Maybe if we see more people creating more electric cars the Automotive companies will create better electrics to homemade ones. 











No comments:

Post a Comment